Friday 6 May 2016

A little bit country, a little bit rock and roll

Today we had a bit of english country dancing at my daughter's school. So we all sat in the sunshine watching the children, the PTA sold cakes and ice-creams and I decided I should wear a 50s-ish circle skirt for the occasion.

This was the first skirt I ever made for myself and I completely love it!  I love the style, the spots, the wide waistband...everything.  It kickstarted a mild 50s obsession that has me looking at vintage fabrics and styles and wanting to hang out in diners and soda shops.

I think the spots are a very dark navy but they look black.

I'd maybe cut it a little shorter next time and I know I could re-hem it to shorten it, but I probably won't!

I drafted the pattern myself using the circle skirt calculator from Patty Brower of 3SnugBugs.  I looked at By Hand London but they don't really cater for the fuller figure so I found this one instead.  I've used it for my daughter as well as myself and it works every time.

I feel very cool and breezy and summery today!

Top - Primark
Cardi - Fat Face
Shoes - Asda

No comments:

Post a Comment